15 mins Prep Time
45-55 mins Cook Time
60-70 mins Total Time
- 2 Packages of Freshline’s Turnip Veggie Foodles!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Plenty of salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Minced parsley for serving
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrot, celery and thyme. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 1 minute longer.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the beef browns up a bit, about 3 minutes. 4. Add the wine and tomato paste and cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the tomatoes. Season with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and fragrant. About 45 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks heat a little oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the Freshline Turnip Veggie Foodles and cook, tossing the noodles often, until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide the turnips noodles (or noodles of choice) between bowls. Top with the sauce and garnish with plenty of Parmesan cheese and minced parsley.
This Recipe Features…
Freshline’s Turnip Veggie Foodles!